We will select fellows in three calls for projects launched in 2021, 2022 and 2023. For each call, 25 fellowships of 24 months are available.
Where can I undertake my research project within BIENVENÜE?
As a BIENVENÜE fellow, you will be employed by one of the BIENVENÜE partners institutions. The hosting laboratory must be based in Brittany.
Who can supervise my work?
Your supervisor must be based in Brittany and in one of the following situations:
- Permanent staff of a partner research institution, with the status of « chargé·e de recherche », « directeur·rice de recherche », « maître de conférences », « professeur des universités » or « ingénieur·e de recherche titulaire de l’HDR »;
- Permanent staff from another research institution, but member of a laboratory administratively attached to at least one of the eight partner research institution, and relying on a permanent staff of a partner institution as co-supervisor;
- Non-permanent staff of a partner research institution, with an employment contract of a duration equal to or greater than the total duration of recruitment of the supervised post-doctoral fellow.
Projects from every discipline can be funded as long as they relate directly or indirectly to one of the strategic objectives of the Breton RIS3 and are related to the Strategic Innovation Areas:
- Maritime economy for blue growth,
- Secure and responsible digital economy,
- Health and welfare economics for a better quality of life,
- Food economy for everyone to eat well,
- Economics of industry for intelligent production,
and/or the transversal axis around transitions.
In practice, your project should contribute directly or indirectly to at least one of the RIS3 Strategic Objectives. If applicable, you will indicate in your application the strategic innovation area(s) and subdomain your project is relevant to.
Are you eligible?
There are two cumulative conditions to be eligible:
- First, you must be in possession of a doctoral degree or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience (you are considered as Recognized Researcher in European standards).
- Second, you have not resided or carried out your main activity (work, studies…) in France for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the call deadline. Time spent as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention, compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account.
For the 2021 call, please consider the period from 15/03/2018 to 15/03/2021.
How are we selecting candidates?
One the application stage closed, Région Bretagne will proceed to an eligibility check to verify the basic requirement of each application. By the end of April 2021, you will receive an email explaining whether or not your application is eligible. If it is not eligible, the email will state on which criteria it is rejected.
Then, your application will scientifically evaluated by three independent experts. They will be chosen on the basis of your project abstract, project keywords and your identity (the latter to avoid conflict of interest). We will consider four criteria:
- Scientific excellence of the project,
- Potential of the fellow to reach professional maturity
- Potential outcomes of the project
- Feasability of the project
The third and final step is the consensus selection by the Scientific Board, composed of international experts. The Scientific Board will decide on a final ranking based on the scientific evaluations. There will be no thematic priorization or repartition.
Still some questions?
You are still missing information? Don’t hesitate to check the FAQ to find answers to the most asked questions. You are also encouraged to contact us directly.