Located in Brest, Rennes and Nantes, the school welcomes around 1,800 students. Its strategy for the future focuses on cybersecurity, nuclear and interactions, digital transformation, environmental transformation, industrial transformation, energy transformation, health of the future and fundamental research.
IMT Atlantique researchers are specialized on:
- Networks and systems for communications and information theory
- Computer sciences, robotics and advanced Human Machine Interfaces
- Modelling, design of electronic, microwave and optical sensors, functions and subsystems
- Signal and image processing for health, satellite observation and monitoring
- IT, cybersecurity and artificial intelligence
- Human and social sciences in numerical environment
IMT Atlantique research potential is recognized internationally, for example with the funding of 3 ERC Grants since 2017.
The institution is also deeply connected with the local innovation ecosystem and hosts a startup incubator and Fablabs.
IMT Atlantique research domains aligned with RIS3’s following strategic innovation areas :
- Maritime economy for blue growth
- Secure and responsible digital economy
- Health and welfare economics for a better quality of life
- Economics of industry for intelligent production
Meet the fellows
Interested by one of the BIENVENÜE fellowships? Look further at the eligibility conditions, the programme content, the financial support and how to apply in the dedicated section.