Established in 1980 in Brittany, Inria Rennes – Bretagne Atlantique has numerous partnerships with local universities, local authorities and the Breton innovation ecosystem. Its activities are developed around two intertwined missions: to produce outstanding research in the computing and mathematical fields of digital sciences, and to ensure the impact of this research on the economy and society in particular.
At Inria, researchers have access to unique research facilities such as
- Immermove, a unique experimental platform for studying large-scale human movements
- Grid’5000, a large-scale and versatile testbed for experiment-driven research in all areas of computer science
- Immersia, a VR platform with a large immersive platform and dedicated softwares.
Get direct access to the Inria teams located in Brittany.
Within the Inria research centre Rennes-Bretagne Atlantique, researchers contribute to the following strategic innovation areas:
- Food economy for everyone to eat well
- Secure and responsible digital economy
- Health and welfare economics for a better quality of life
- Economics of industry for intelligent production
- Maritime economy for blue growth
Interested by one of the BIENVENÜE fellowships? Look further at the eligibility conditions, the programme content, the financial support and how to apply in the dedicated section.