Université de Bretagne-Sud
Established in 1995, Université de Bretagne-Sud has developed several thematic priorities across its multidisciplinary laboratories. Those are the sea, materials, cybersecurity and data sciences. These priorities are dealt with in several poles:
- A “materials and energy” pole, aiming to finding sustainable ways for industrial and tech evolutions
- A “Humans, Sea and Coastline” pole, aiming to undertaking research on coastline matters with human presence issues
- A “Digital” pole, around mainly cybersecurity and decision support
- A “Health environment and handicap”, where these issues are tackled in a humanist and social science perspective
Beyond Vannes, Lorient and Pontivy labs, Université de Bretagne-Sud is embedded in the Breton R&I network, with participation to regional competitive clusters (Pôle Mer Bretagne Atlantique, Pôle Valorial, Pôle Images et Réseaux, EMC2, ID4CAR… ).
Researchers at UBS also have access to several valorisation structures like ComposiTIC or Cyber Security Center, where they can work on application of their research results with local companies.
Research topics at Université de Bretagne-Sud relate to RIS3 following strategic innovation areas:
- Maritime Economy for blue growth
- Secure and responsible digital economy
- Economics of industry for intelligent production
Interested by one of the BIENVENÜE fellowships? Look further at the eligibility conditions, the programme content, the financial support and how to apply in the dedicated section.