Université de Rennes 1
With around 30 000 students, the Université de Rennes 1 is the biggest university in Brittany. Its approach to research and education is focused on reinforcing fundamental research to offer excellence. As other institutions, Université de Rennes 1 aims at tackle today challenges with interdisciplinary research.
UR1 researchers are internationnaly recognized in various areas:
- Mathematics & ICT (numerical & cryptology, cybersecurity, Big data, electronics, photononics)
- Physical sciences (Inorganic glass, Green chemistry, Materials and Substainable development)
- Life and environmental sciences (cancer, technologies for health, environment-nutrition-health continuum, complex environment systems, dynamics of landscapes)
- Humanities and social sciences (European law, Law and environment, public economy, European integrations, digital society)
Besides its mains research areas, UR1 is promoting innovative projects by providing facilities and fostering transdisciplinary research. UR1 is finally involved in numerous other European initiatives as part of its internationalisation strategy, such as EIT Digital node in Rennes, Erasmus Mundus Courses or an European Alliance University launched in 2019. The same goes for research, with engagement in 30 international research labs.
UR1 main research areas are strongly related to RIS3 strategic innovation areas:
- Secure and responsible digital economy
- Food economy for everyone to eat well
- Economics of industry for intelligent production
- Health and welfare economics for a better quality of life
Meet the fellows
Interested by one of the BIENVENÜE fellowships? Look further at the eligibility conditions, the programme content, the financial support and how to apply in the dedicated section.