Université de Bretagne Occidentale
Research at UBO is organized in four research axes: Sea, Social sciences and Humanities, Digital Sciences and Mathematics, Health and agro-material. UBO is also involved on the international level, such as European collaborations. It has been involved in more than 17 H2020 projects over the last 5 years. It is part of the European University SEA-EU. UBO is finally working closely together with the non-academic sector, NGO’s, large companies and local authorities.
Dedicated technical facilities allow researchers to conduct top-level projects in various domains:
- Materials characterization (scanning and transmission electron microscopes, atomic force microscope, confocal microscope, diffraction ray spectrometer, fluorescence and bioluminescence microscopes)
- Performance engineering (network analyzers, dynamic mechanical thermal analysis and rheology)
- Chemistry (nuclear magnetic resonance)
- Biotechnology services (tissue culture, protein chemistry, and computational analysis of biological data)
- Genomic facility (high-throughput DNA and RNA sequencing, microarray analysis (Affymetrix) protein analysis, multiple flow cytometry instruments, bioinformatics)
- Animal resources
- High performance computing and body imaging (positron emission tomography)
- Oceanographic spectrometry and data computing for marine science
- Researchers benefit from a stimulating research environment and high quality of life in UBO campuses in Brest and Quimper.
UBO’s research domains fall under the following strategic innovation areas:
- Maritime Economy for blue growth
- Health and welfare economics for a better quality of life
- Secure and responsible digital economy
Interested by one of the BIENVENÜE fellowships? Look further at the eligibility conditions, the programme content, the financial support and how to apply in the dedicated section.